E-commerce has been one of the main drivers of the Internet age, with sites like Amazon and Ebay becoming household names from nowhere in scarcely a decade. Their popularity has changed the face of retail in the “real world” forever. The latest trend of the last couple of years has been the flash sale, pioneered by Groupon but emulated by others too numerous to mention. The online store MintArts.com is applying these ideas to the art world. I helped MintArts build its e-commerce site using the Prestashop platform. This free but extremely powerful system can run a very complex online store, filled with products in many categories, and great AJAX functionality. It’s also a very complicated platform to work with, using individual module templates for every little function. But it works well. I can’t take any credit for the beautiful artwork and its presentation on the MintArts.com site, just the implementation of the technology that makes it function.
- Beauty is that quality which, next to money, is generally the most attractive to the worst kinds of men. 1 year ago
- There’s nothing like active employment to console the afflicted. 1 year ago
- Where hope rises fear must lurk behind. 1 year ago
- A man must have something to grumble about. 1 year ago
- Friends as we are, we would willingly keep your failings to ourselves – even from ourselves if we could. 1 year ago
Powered by Twitter Tools